Adshembet (Crimea, Ukraine)
Adshembet (Adshi-Mambet, Adshembet, Adschi-Mambet) was a village in the central part of the Crimean peninsula, district of Byten, province of Taurida, Russia. The nearest railroad station, Byuk-Onlar was seven miles away on the southern branch of the Kursk-Sevastopol line, and the village's post office was at Kurmann-Kemelchi. The village, which comprised some six thousand acres of arable land and had a population of eighty in 1913, was founded in 1897 on lands owned by Lustig and leased in 1900 to Mennonites. The language used was German. No information is available on its fate between and after the two world wars.
Electronic map of Mennonite villages in Crimea (Schroeder, William. "Maps and Historical Notes related to Mennonite History." Winnipeg, Man.: Mennonite Heritage Centre, 2008. (accessed 27 February 2009))
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 18. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Rempel, Heinrich. "Adshembet (Crimea, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A318.html.
APA style: Rempel, Heinrich. (1955). Adshembet (Crimea, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A318.html.