Allensville Mennonite Church (Allensville, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Allensville Mennonite Church (Conservative Mennonite Conference), formerly called Allensville Amish Mennonite Church, was organized in 1861 by Solomon Byler. It later became a member of the Ohio and Eastern Amish Mennonite Joint Conference. In 1957 it became part of the geographically closer Allegheny Mennonite Conference, and about 2003 it joined the Conservative Mennonite Conference. The first meetinghouse was built a short distance east of Allensville in 1869 and rebuilt in 1932. A new building was erected in 1949. The membership in 1953 was 349; in 2006 the membership was 229; the bishop in 1953 was B. R. Peachey; preachers, J. B. Zook, J. E. Hartzler; deacon, U. S. Zook.
Address: 1156 SR 655, Belleville, Pennsylvania 17002
Website: Allensville Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 57. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Zook, Ellrose D. "Allensville Mennonite Church (Allensville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 26 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A44462.html.
APA style: Zook, Ellrose D. (1955). Allensville Mennonite Church (Allensville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A44462.html.