Archbold Reformed Mennonite Church (Archbold, Ohio, USA)
The Archbold Reformed Mennonite Church, located five miles (eight km) northeast of Archbold, Ohio, is also called the Lauber Hill Reformed Mennonite Church. Organized around 1855, its first church was erected in 1864. Another building was constructed in the early 1870s. For a time there was a second meetinghouse south of Archbold where services were held once a month for the benefit of those living at a distance from Lauber Hill. It was discontinued when automobiles came into general use. The first ministers in the congregation were Jacob Binder and Benedict Meister. In 1951 the approximate membership was 75. The origin of this congregation is obscure. The first families came from Wayne County, Ohio, about 1834. A few families came direct from Canton Bern, Switzerland, and some apparently from the Amish Mennonite Church near by.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 146. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: F, A. "Archbold Reformed Mennonite Church (Archbold, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A7300.html.
APA style: F, A. (1955). Archbold Reformed Mennonite Church (Archbold, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A7300.html.