Arrecifes Mennonite Church (Arrecifes, Buenos Aires, Argentina)
The Arrecifes Mennonite Church (Iglesia Evangélica Menonita Arrecifes) is a congregation located in the city of Arrecifes (population 30,000 in 2001), located on the Buenos Aires-Rosario branch of the Ferro Carril Central Argentino (Central Argentine Railroad) in the county of Arrecifes, Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The work was opened here in February 1943 by S. E. Miller and wife, and a congregation was organized in December 1944. The membership in 1952 was eight. At that time the congregation consisted of people of Spanish, Italian and Indo-Argentine descent, and the services were conducted in the Spanish language. S. E. Miller was in charge of this work until January 1947, at which time Feliciano Gorjon, a graduate of the Mennonite Bible Institute at Bragado, F.C.O., was placed in charge.
Address: Irlanda 490 (2740), Arrecifes, Buenos Aires
Denominational Affiliation: Iglesia Evangélica Menonita Argentina
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 165. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Snyder, Elven V. "Arrecifes Mennonite Church (Arrecifes, Buenos Aires, Argentina)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A779.html.
APA style: Snyder, Elven V. (1953). Arrecifes Mennonite Church (Arrecifes, Buenos Aires, Argentina). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A779.html.