Bairs Codorus Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania, USA)
Bairs Codoras Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) belonged to the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. It is located in North Codorus Township, York County, six miles (10 km) southwest of York. Henry Newcomer, Ulrich Huber, Peter Hershey, Peter and John Houser, and George Garber were here by 1783. The first church, built after 1800, was razed, and a new brick church was built in 1895. It was part of the Middle York County circuit, with Richard Danner serving as bishop in the 1950s.
By 1972 the congregation was affiliated with the Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church.
Address: 1005 Graybill Rd., York, Pennsylvania
Denominational Affiliation: Eastern Pennsylvania Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 214. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Bairs Codorus Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B3530.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1955). Bairs Codorus Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B3530.html.