Beiseker Hutterite Colony (Beiseker, Alberta, Canada)
Beiseker, a Hutterite Bruderhof founded in 1926 by 12 families from the Rosebud Bruderhof near Redland, Alberta, with their preacher Paul Stahl, who was chosen to the ministry by the Tschetter Bruderhof in South Dakota in 1901. In 1944 Paul Stahl, Jr., was chosen preacher. In 1947 the Bruderhof had 35 baptized members, and a total population of 70.
In 2012 the Beiseker Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. The minister was Sam Stahl and the manager was David Tschetter.
Location: Beiseker, Alberta (coordinates: 51.3886, -113.6847 [51° 23' 18" N, 113° 41' 04" W])
Address: Box 329, Beiseker, AB T0M 0G0
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 267. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Beiseker Hutterite Colony (Beiseker, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B44416.html.
APA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (April 2013). Beiseker Hutterite Colony (Beiseker, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B44416.html.