Bellevue Mennonite Church (Bellevue, Illinois, USA)
Bellevue Mennonite Church (renamed Bellevue Bible Church in 1950), was located at the western edge of Peoria, Illinois. It was started in a home by C. Warren Long. Eight months later, on 6 August 1939, a basement building was dedicated. Orie A. Miller became pastor in 1940, and a completed church with parsonage was dedicated on 11 October 1942 at his ordination. The congregation was organized and joined the Illinois Mennonite Conference in 1943. It withdrew from the conference in 1952. The membership of this independent congregation in 1953 was 115.
In 2006 the congregation was located at 505 Main Street, Bellevue, Illinois with Mike Boyle as pastor.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 272. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Miller, Orie A. "Bellevue Mennonite Church (Bellevue, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B4465.html.
APA style: Miller, Orie A. (1953). Bellevue Mennonite Church (Bellevue, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B4465.html.