Berea Mennonite Church (Cannelburg, Indiana, USA)
Berea Mennonite Church (Conservative Mennonite Conference), located near Loogootee, Indiana near Montgomery, Daviess County, Indiana, was affiliated with the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference until June 2004 when it withdrew and joined the Conservative Mennonite Conference. The church was organized 1 March 1921 with 19 members. The membership in 1953 was 224 with many children, young people, and young families. The church was remodeled and enlarged in 1937 and in 1950. The church administrators of the past have been Amos Weldy, deacon, and James Bucher, minister; in 1953 they were Edd P. Shrock, bishop, Tobias Slaubaugh, minister, and Paul F. Weldy, deacon. The members are of Old Order Amish extraction. In 2008 there were 280 members; the pastor was Eddie Graber.
Address: 7334 N 1200 E, Loogootee, Indiana
Denominational Affliliation: Conservative Mennonite Conference
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 276. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Schrock, Edd P. "Berea Mennonite Church (Cannelburg, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B44990.html.
APA style: Schrock, Edd P. (1953). Berea Mennonite Church (Cannelburg, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B44990.html.