Berean Bible School (Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Berean Bible School was opened 9 September 1950, in Allentown, Pennsylvania by the Pennsylvania Mennonite Brethren in Christ. J. E. Hartman served as its first president. The two courses offered were a general Bible course and a pastor's and missionary course.
In 1968 the property of the Bible School in Allentown was sold, and the Bible School shared facilities with the Pinebrook Bible Conference in the Pocono Mountains north of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. In 1969 the Bible School opened at the new location as Pinebrook Junior College; but the location was not the best for the venture. In 1977 the Junior College moved to Coopersburg, Pennsylvania where it remained until 1992 when it ceased operations.
Shelly, Harold P. The Bible Fellowship Church: formerly Mennonite Brethren in Christ, Pennsylvania Conference: originally die Evangelische Mennoniten Gemeinschaft von Ost-Pennsylvanien. Bethlehem, PA: Historical Committee, Bible Fellowship Church, 1992: 333-334.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 277. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. "Berean Bible School (Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2006. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B4503.html.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin and Sam Steiner. (2006). Berean Bible School (Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B4503.html.