Bethel Mennonite Church (Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA)
Bethel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) (formerly called Mummasburg), Gettysburg, Adams County, Pennsylvania, became a member of the Ohio Mennonite and Eastern Amish Mennonite Conference in May 1947. The total membership in 1953 was 62. It was first organized as a congregation in June 1939, the original six families having previously belonged to the Mummasburg congregation of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. The ministers in 1953 were A. A. Landis, Ephrata, Pennsylvania, and Glen Musselman, Gettysburg.
In 1988 the eastern section of the Ohio and Eastern Conference evolved into Atlantic Coast Conference.
Address: 2335 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325
Website: Bethel Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 311. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Kanagy, J. Forrest. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B48653.html.
APA style: Kanagy, J. Forrest. (1953). Bethel Mennonite Church (Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B48653.html.