Bethel Mennonite Church (Job, West Virginia, USA)
Bethel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), one mile (1.5 km) north of Job in Randolph County, West Virginia, on the west side of the Allegheny Mountains, was under the general direction of the Home Mission Board of the Middle District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. It was already in the 1870s a preaching point. In 1907 a church was built, and also a mission home for resident workers, who to a large extent replaced itinerant leaders who had come to the field once or twice a month. The church had a membership of 34 in the early 1950s. The congregation was last listed in the Mennonite Yearbook in 1979. At that time it had 12 members; Roy F. Good was the pastor.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 312. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Brunk, Harry A. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Job, West Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B48656.html.
APA style: Brunk, Harry A. (1953). Bethel Mennonite Church (Job, West Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B48656.html.