Bethel Mennonite Church (Waka, Texas, USA)
Bethel Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located near Waka, Ochiltree County, Texas, was a member of the Western District Conference. The congregation was organized in April 1922, the first meetings being held in the Jacob B. Wiebe home and later in a schoolhouse. In May 1924 another school was rebuilt into a church, which was still used in 1950 as a meetinghouse with a seating capacity of 100. In 1962 the Bethel congregation merged with the Perryton Mennonite Church at Perryton, Texas, with that congregation meeting in Perryton.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 313. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Wiebe, Herman. "Bethel Mennonite Church (Waka, Texas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B48685.html.
APA style: Wiebe, Herman. (1953). Bethel Mennonite Church (Waka, Texas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B48685.html.