Bethesda Fellowship (Spragge, Ontario, Canada)
The Bethesda Fellowship congregation began services in 1959, and formally organized in 1973. The first building was occupied in 1974. Abe Janzen and Mr. Bateson are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Ontario Mennonite Brethren Conference and John Klassen. Bethesda took over the former Associated Gospel Church in 1969.
The church was Spragge, ON, P0R 1K0. Located 0.25 mile west of Highway 17 and 108 Junction near Spragge, Ontario. Pastor Rickey Bruce served in 1992 as a non-salaried congregational leader. In 1975 there were 28 members; in 1985, 20; in 1992, 14. The congregation severed its relationship to the conference in 1994. It had been affiliated with the Ontario Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1978-1994), Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. The language of worship was English. The congregations appears to have closed shortly after.
Mennonite Brethren Herald (27 May 1988): 55; (18 March 1994).
Church records at the church.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. "Bethesda Fellowship (Spragge, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2009. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B4877.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. (August 2009). Bethesda Fellowship (Spragge, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B4877.html.