Blainsport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania, USA)
Blainsport Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Reinholds, Pennsylvania (before 1947 known as Cocalico) was a mission station of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference in northeastern Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, in the old Swamp Union Meetinghouse built in 1865. The Indiantown-Bowmansville ministers held meetings in the vicinity in the 19th century, but not in this building. The Ephrata congregation reopened this house as a mission station in 1926 with Christian Mosemann and Daniel Stauffer as superintendents. The field workers of the Lancaster Mennonite Mission Board and the ministers of the Ephrata-Indiantown congregation preached here until Wilmer M. Eby was ordained for the work in 1938. Levi G. High in 1946 was ordained as deacon. In 1947 a brick church was built near Blainsport, two miles east of the Union House. In 1953 the membership was 63, with a Sunday-school enrollment of 136 and a summer Bible school with an average attendance of 155. In 2009 the membership was 171; the pastor was Eric P. Marshall.
Address: 85 South Blainsport Road, Reinholds, Pennsylvania 17569
Website: Blainsport Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 351. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Blainsport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B5535.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1953). Blainsport Mennonite Church (Reinholds, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B5535.html.