Blosser's Printing Press (Dale Enterprise, Virginia, USA)
Blosser's Printing Press was founded by Abraham Blosser (1827-1891), a lay member of the Mennonite church (Mennonite Church), at his farm home located one mile southeast of Dale Enterprise, Virginia. A building approximately 15x30 ft., which was used as a printery, was still standing in the 1950s. His main publication was the Watchful Pilgrim, an eight-page semimonthly independent paper. The first issue was printed on 1 August 1880, and was likely continued until 1888. David A. Taylor served as typesetter.
Blosser also printed his own tracts as well as his own English translation of Peter Burkholder's booklet entitled Eine Verhandlung von den äusserlichen Wasser-Taufe . . . (Harrisonburg, VA, 1816). He also did custom work.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 366. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Brunk, Harry A. "Blosser's Printing Press (Dale Enterprise, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B573.html.
APA style: Brunk, Harry A. (1953). Blosser's Printing Press (Dale Enterprise, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B573.html.