Bluesky Mennonite Church (Bluesky, Alberta, Canada)
P.O. Box 36, Bluesky, AB, T0H 0J0. (780) 835-2489. Located on 2nd Avenue. Minister Nick Dyck served in 2009 as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 23 members; in 1975, 23; in 1985, 45; in 1995, 46; in 2000 40. The congregation has been affiliated with the Northwest Mennonite Conference (1956-) and the Mennonite Church (1956-2003). The language of worship is English.
The congregation began services in 1948, and formally organized in 1956. The first building was occupied in 1956. Paul Burkholder is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach of the Northwest Conference and the Mennonite Board of Missions. Roy D. Hewko was pastor from 1994 to 2000.
Canadian Mennonite (31 August 1956): 4.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1066. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. and Marlene Epp. "Bluesky Mennonite Church (Bluesky, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B58.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Bluesky Mennonite Church (Bluesky, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B58.html.