Blumenau Mennonite Brethren Church (Blumenau, Santa Catharina Brazil)
The Blumenau Mennonite Brethren Church, Santa Catharina, Brazil, was organized in 1923 by Elder Jacob Hubert of Witmarsum (Krauel Colony) and continued until 1949 as an affiliate. In that year on petition of the group it was officially accepted by Elder G. H. Rosenfeld of the Waldheim, Witmarsum, congregation as an independent Mennonite Brethren congregation, connected with Waldheim, and with a membership of 14. When the Krauel Mennonite Brethren group moved to Bagé, the Blumenau Mennonite Brethren congregation transferred its connection to the Curitiba M.B. Church. In 1955 the congregation had 21 members, with Wilhelm Koettker as leader. The congregation was then planning to build a meetinghouse.
Koettker, W. "Mennoniten-Brüder Gemeinde Blumenau, Brasilien." Mennonitische Rundschau 78 (1955): 81.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1066. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Blumenau Mennonite Brethren Church (Blumenau, Santa Catharina Brazil)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B5816.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1953). Blumenau Mennonite Brethren Church (Blumenau, Santa Catharina Brazil). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B5816.html.