Blumenhof Gospel Church (Blumenhof, Saskatchewan, Canada)
Box 31, Neville, SK. SON 1T0. Henry Gossen was the congregational contact in 2000. Pastor Jake Froese served in 1962 as a congregational leader. In 1962 there were 18 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference since 1961. The language of worship is English.
The congregation began services about 1958, and formally organized in 1961. The first building was occupied in 1968. Ed Stoesz is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from Manitoba.
In 1968 the building of a former inter-Mennonite congregation at Schoenfeld was moved to Blumenhof. The congregation was without a pastor in 2004, and ended as a congregation by April 2005.
Canadian Mennonite (18 February 1969): 11.
EMMC Recorder (May 1984): 5.
Sawatsky, Walter. "Essays in the History of the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference (Rudnerweider Gemeinde) 1936-1966." Research paper, Goshen College, 1967, 145 pp.
Hoeppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference, 1937-1987. 1987: 328-329.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 372. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. "Blumenhof Gospel Church (Blumenhof, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2009. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B583.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. (August 2009). Blumenhof Gospel Church (Blumenhof, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B583.html.