Brenneman Memorial Missionary Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)
Brenneman Memorial Missionary Church, Goshen, Indiana, was organized in January 1879, under the leadership of Daniel Brenneman, the founder of the Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church, and in whose memory the Goshen church was named. The church moved to the corner of Eighth and Jefferson streets in 1925, where a new meetinghouse had been constructed the previous year. The building was enlarged in 1944 to make possible the seating of 400. Its 1952 membership was 339. The church is now located at 61115 State Road 15, Goshen.
Ray P. Pannabecker was serving as its pastor in 1952. From 1943 to 1947 the congregation sent out five of its young people as foreign missionaries, all of whom were being supported by the Brenneman Memorial Church.
The senior pastor in 2009 was Bill Richardson.
Address: 61115 State Road 15, Goshen, Indiana 46528
Website: Brenneman Memorial Missionary ChurchDenominational Affiliation: Missionary Church USA
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 418. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Geiger, Kenneth. "Brenneman Memorial Missionary Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B7424.html.
APA style: Geiger, Kenneth. (1953). Brenneman Memorial Missionary Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B7424.html.