Brown City Missionary Church (Brown City, Michigan, USA)
The Brown City Missionary Church (formerly United Missionary) was the first church to be built in the Michigan Conference. It was dedicated 22 November 1885, Bernhard Kreutziger being the first pastor. Destroyed by fire in 1894, a new site was procured and a brick church was built the following year under Ebenezer Anthony. The first Michigan annual conference met here in April 1897. Altogether 20 annual conferences had been held in this church and two General Conferences (1908 and 1924) by 1950. In 1952 there were 138 members, the pastor beginning 1946 was H. L. Matteson.
In 2009 the Senior Pastor was Rick Fledderjohann.
Address: 8935 Burnside Road, Brown City, Michigan
Website: Brown City Missionary Church
Denominational Affiliation: Missionary Church USA
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 440. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Storms, Everek R. "Brown City Missionary Church (Brown City, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B777.html.
APA style: Storms, Everek R. (1953). Brown City Missionary Church (Brown City, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B777.html.