Calvary Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA)
Calvary Church (formerly Calvary Mennonite Church until 1967) in Souderton, Pennsylvania is an unaffiliated congregation. It was organized in 1950 by dissidents who had withdrawn from several congregations of the Franconia Mennonite Conference because of dissatisfaction with some of the aspects of the conference discipline. William Anders, a minister of the Towamencin congregation, became their leader. In 1952 a new meetinghouse was built. At that time the membership was 160.
Address: 820 Route 113, Souderton, Pennsylvania
Website: Calvary Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 495. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Calvary Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C275.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1953). Calvary Church (Souderton, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C275.html.