Calvary Mennonite Church (Aurora, Oregon, USA)
Calvary Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Aurora, Clackamas County, Oregon, is member of the Pacific Northwest Mennonite Conference (formerly Pacific District Conference). It was organized on 6 August 1944, with 51 members under the leadership of Paul N. Roth, who still served as pastor in 1950. The charter members had earlier left the Zion Mennonite Church near Hubbard. The membership in 1953 was 131, with nearly 30 per cent non-Mennonite in background. The building, which had served three denominations in the past, was enlarged and remodeled, and easily seated 225 in the mid-1950s.
In 2009 the membership was 129; the pastors were Doug Peterson and Kevin John Schumacher.
Address: 6711 S. Lone Elder Rd., Aurora, Oregon
Website: Calvary Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 495. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Roth, Paul N. "Calvary Mennonite Church (Aurora, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C2818.html.
APA style: Roth, Paul N. (1953). Calvary Mennonite Church (Aurora, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C2818.html.