Carpenter Community Church (Talmage, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Carpenter Community Church (Mennonite Church USA) is located at 378 Glenbrook Rd., Talmage, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Dr. Heinrich Zimmermann came from the canton of Zürich (Switzerland) to Germantown, Pennsylvania, in 1706. He first bought land in Lampeter and in 1733 in West Earl Township, Lancaster County. His two sons, Henry and Gabriel, started a family cemetery here along the Brownstown to Mechanicsburg Road in 1750. The cemetery was enlarged in 1821 and a union stone church was built nearby in 1824. On 26 November 1939 a Mennonite Sunday school was opened here. In October 1942 the Lancaster Mennonite Conference accepted it as a congregation in the Mahlon Witmer district, using the newly renovated old stone church. The membership in 1953 was 73, average Sunday-school attendance 84, summer Bible school enrollment 200. Michael N. Wenger was minister and John W. Wentling deacon at that time.
In 2009 the membership was 119; the pastor was Glenn A. Hoover.
Address: 378 Glenbrook Road, Talmage, Pennsylvania
Website: Carpenter Community Church
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Carpenter Community Church (Talmage, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C42645.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1953). Carpenter Community Church (Talmage, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C42645.html.