Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)
The Carroll Community Worship Center (Mennonite Church USA) was originally known as the Anderson Mennonite Church. The first Mennonite Sunday school in the area was conducted by Henry Easterday and Lee Sailors of the Fort Wayne Mennonite mission in May 1933. The work was sponsored by the Leo congregation until its organization as a separate church in 1940. The building used for worship was an abandoned Baptist church.
The first pastor, Joseph S. Neuhouser, ministered to the spiritual needs of the congregation from its beginning until the 1950s. The membership in 1953 was fifteen; in 2009 it was 59. The congregation also sponsored a mission Sunday school fifteen miles south of Fort Wayne, near Ossian, Indiana. The pastor in 2009 was Verlin Haarer.
Address: 4506 Carroll Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46818
Website: Carroll Community Worship Center
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 119. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Neuhouser, J. S. "Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C427.html.
APA style: Neuhouser, J. S. (1953). Carroll Community Worship Center (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C427.html.