Central Mennonite Church (Elida, Ohio, USA)
The Central Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Elida, Allen County, Ohio, was organized in December 1925 by a group excommunicated in 1924 from the Salem-Pike congregation and joined later by the Sunday-school superintendents, Ruda R. Brenneman and Menno L. Troyer, and one of the ministers, Andrew Brenneman. After the group requested and was granted by the Ohio Mennonite and Eastern A.M. Conference permission to organize a separate congregation, they purchased a vacant church building in Elida. Ordinations: M. L. Troyer, deacon 1927, minister 1940, bishop 1950; Timothy H. Brenneman, minister 1938, appointed missionary to Argentina. The membership in 1953 stood at 99, with Andrew Brenneman and Menno L. Troyer as ministers.
The congregation closed about 1974.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 542. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Umble, John S. "Central Mennonite Church (Elida, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C45905.html.
APA style: Umble, John S. (1953). Central Mennonite Church (Elida, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C45905.html.