Chariton County (Missouri, USA)
|Chariton County, Missouri
U.S. Census TIGER/Line map
Chariton County, Missouri was the location of a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) settlement north of Brunswick, now extinct, to which Mennonites first moved in 1869. When J. S. Coffman held meetings there in 1890 he reported a membership of five, which included the families of J. L. Kreider and Fred Brunk. Earlier Beachtels and Overholts had lived in the community.
Herald of Truth (March 1870)
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, pp. 548-549. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin. "Chariton County (Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C46024.html.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin. (1953). Chariton County (Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C46024.html.