Christian Fellowship Church (Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada)
The Christian Fellowship Church began services in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1944, with a subsequent building program in 1960. William Heinrichs is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from Mennonite West Reserve in Manitoba.
The group was originally part of Bergthaler church group. It dropped the Bergthaler name in 1986. The church asked for release of membership from the Conference of Mennonites in Canada in 1976 because it did not agree with the program of the conference and had "doctrinal differences." The congregation had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Manitoba and Conference of Mennonites in Canada from 1937-1976. The language of worship is English. In 2010 the pastor was Colin Plett.
Harder, Leland. Steinbach and its Churches. Elkhart: Mennonite Biblical Seminary, 1970, 109 pp.
Mennonites in Canada collection, "70-Steinbach" Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
Gerbrandt, Henry J. Adventure in Faith. Altona: Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Manitoba, 1970.
Address: 417 Hanover Street, Steinbach, Manitoba, R5G 0G9
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Christian Fellowship Church (Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C4797.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Christian Fellowship Church (Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C4797.html.