Christian Ministry (Periodical)
Christian Ministry was the title of a 64-page (6" x 9") quarterly published by Mennonite Publishing House, Scottdale, Pennsylvania, beginning in 1948. John R. Mumaw was the editor. It had a 1952 circulation of 1,800. It was a channel of promotion to guide the minister and lay leader in the work of the church. It provided inspiration, information, guidance, interpretation, and exposition. It covered matters pertaining to reaching, pastoral work, church administration, ecclesiastical issues, source materials, and doctrine. It ceased with volume 13, no. 3 (July-September 1960). Part of its content was absorbed by a new publication, The Builder.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 583. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Mumaw, John R. "Christian Ministry (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1960. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C47988.html.
APA style: Mumaw, John R. (1960). Christian Ministry (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C47988.html.