Edgeley (Ontario, Canada)
Edgeley (now part of the City of Vaughan, part of Metropolitan Toronto) was a "country corners" on No. 7 highway in Vaughan Township about 12 miles (20 km) north of Toronto, Ontario It is within a quarter of a mile of the oldest Mennonite church standing in Ontario (1824) usually known as the Schmitt Mennonite Church. (This church was moved to the Markham Museum in 1976.) A few miles south of Edgeley on the township line between Vaughan and York the Mennonite Brethren in Christ conducted Sunday school and worship in a small country church for a number of years, but the congregation is now extinct.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 148. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Fretz, Joseph C. and Sam Steiner. "Edgeley (Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2007. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E3560.html.
APA style: Fretz, Joseph C. and Sam Steiner. (2007). Edgeley (Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E3560.html.