Glasgow Mennonite Church (Stouffville, Ontario, Canada)
The Glasgow Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, was located at Lot 4, Concession 2, Uxbridge Township, Ontario County, seven miles (12 km) northeast of the Wideman Mennonite Church in York County, Ontario. In 1930 a Mennonite family moving into the Glasgow community organized prayer meeting among several homes. In 1932 Sunday school was begun in a local church with occasional preaching by York County ministers. In 1937 Gordon Schrag of Zurich was ordained as pastor. In 1938, 15 baptized members organized into a congregation. With some shift of interested families and a transfer of the pastor to another field regular services discontinued in 1943, although membership continued until 1947. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was English.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 524. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "Glasgow Mennonite Church (Stouffville, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/G62ME.html.
APA style: Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (April 1986). Glasgow Mennonite Church (Stouffville, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/G62ME.html.