Grace Mennonite Church (Brandon, Manitoba, Canada)
951 10th St., Brandon, MB, R7A 4H2. (204) 728-4515. Minister Ken Quiring served in 2005 as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 40 members; in 1975, 88; in 1985, 107; in 1995, 72; in 2000, 72. The congregation has been affiliated with Mennonite Church Manitoba (1957-), Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada (1961-), and General Conference Mennonite Church (1962-1999). The language of worship is English; the language transition from German occurred in the 1950s.
The congregation began services in 1954, and formally organized in 1961. The first building was occupied in 1959. G.G. Neufeld is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Rivers Mennonite Church over the language issue. The congregation was called Brandon Mennonite Mission until 1961.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Grace Mennonite Church (Brandon, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/G735.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Grace Mennonite Church (Brandon, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/G735.html.