Hochfeld Rosenorter Mennonite Church (Hague, Saskatchewan, Canada)
The Hochfeld Rosenorter Mennonite Church was located in the village of Hochfeld, five miles from Hague. The congregation dissolved in 1957. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The language of worship was German.
The congregation began services in 1924, and formally organized in 1945. The first building was occupied in 1945. D.H. Rempel is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.
Hochfeld was part of the Rosenort church group. Rempel's history cites 1939 as the date when the Hochfeld membership was formally organized. Hochfeld was considered a branch of Hague Mennonite; they held baptisms and communion together. They decided to dissolve when their minister, Johann Federau, resigned and they were too small a group to pay a minister. The remaining members joined Hague Mennonite.
Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Rosenort."
Rempel, J. G. Die Rosenorter Gemeinde in Saskatchewan. 1950, 183 pp.
Epp, Richard. "A Tale of Three Churches." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1973, 29 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre.
Rempel, John D. History of the Hague Mennonite Church, Hague, Sask. 1900-1975. Rosthern, SK: Hague Mennonite Church, 1975, 94 pp.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Hochfeld Rosenorter Mennonite Church (Hague, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1986. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/H636.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (August 1986). Hochfeld Rosenorter Mennonite Church (Hague, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/H636.html.