In the Service of the King (Periodical)
In the Service of the King was a 16-page bimonthly official organ of the Bethel Deaconess Home and Hospital Society, Newton, Kansas, was begun in January 1942 with ten issues per year, changing in October 1949 to five (later six, and finally quarterly) issues. The circulation (free) was 2,800 in 1956. Editors included Sister Frieda Kauffman 1942-1944, Joanna S. Andres 1944-1954, Ernst Harder 1955-1956, and H. J. Andres 1956- .
Publication ceased in Winter 1987; it was superseded by Connection after the Bethel Deaconess Hospital merged with the Axtell Christian Hospital to form the Newton Medical Center.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 18. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "In the Service of the King (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/I500.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1958). In the Service of the King (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/I500.html.