Kenora Bible Church (Kenora, Ontario, Canada)
The Kenora Bible Church began services about 1956, and formally organized in 1961. In the 1950s the Steinbach Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church saw that some of its young men and married couples were moving to Kenora, Ontario to work in forestry and trucking jobs. The congregation asked Leander Rempel to establish contact with these families and to establish congregation. Although many of the families ultimately returned to Manitoba, it seemed appropriate to begin a church that served persons from a variety of denominational backgrounds. A building was erected in 1962. Leander Rempel pastored until about 1966. Subsequent pastors included David Loeppky, Sam Seitler and Steven Brown. Allan Dueck was the pastor in 2011. Prior to 1980 the membership ranged from 10 to 30.
Canadian Mennonite (19 January 1962): 1; (29 June 1962): 1.
"Kenora Bible Church." Gospel Tidings 26, no. 1 (January 1986): 7.
Address:1455 Valley Drive, Kenora, Ontario P9N 4K6
Website: Kenora Bible Church
Denominational Affiliation: Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. "Kenora Bible Church (Kenora, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2011. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K456.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. (September 2011). Kenora Bible Church (Kenora, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K456.html.