Kingwood Reformed Mennonite Church (Wellesley, Ontario, Canada)
R.R. 2, Wellesley, ON. Located on the north side of the Deborah Glaister Line just west of the Kingwood crossroad. Ministers Aaron Yost, Walter J. Roth and Robert L. Beehler served in the 1960s. The congregation ceased using this meetinghouse in 1968. The language of worship was English; the transition from German occurred in the 1920s.
The first building was occupied and the congregation began services in 1850. The congregation originated through colonization from the Niagara Peninsula area by Reformed Mennonite families. Members from other denominations also joined the group. Arkona, Port Colborne, Rainham, Stevensville, North Easthope, Hostetler's, and Kingwood Reformed Mennonite shared a common membership; North Easthope is now the only building used by the group in the Waterloo/Perth area.
Other ministers who served this congregation prior to 1968 were Christian Zimmerman, John Honderich, William K. Yost (later left the faith), Joseph Wilhelm, Frederick Weicker, Harvey Gampp (bishop) and Abram Honderich.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Steiner, Sam. "Kingwood Reformed Mennonite Church (Wellesley, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. June 2000. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K5255.html.
APA style: Steiner, Sam. (June 2000). Kingwood Reformed Mennonite Church (Wellesley, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K5255.html.