Kitimat Gospel Fellowship (Kitimat, British Columbia, Canada)
Kitimat was a company town planned and built by the Aluminum Company of Canada (Alcan) during the 1950s. During this time several Mennonite Brethren teachers moved to the area. The Kitimat Gospel Fellowship began services about 1958 with George and Rose Braun under the auspices of the West Coast Children's Mission. In 1960 Aaron Schmidt moved from Terrace to Kitimat to replace the Brauns and helped to formally organize the congregation in 1961, when it joined the British Columbia Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Churches. The congregation dissolved on 4 June 1967 and joined a nearby Baptist congregation.
Penner, Peter. No Longer at Arms Length: Mennonite Brethren Church Planting in Canada. Winnipeg, MB: Kindred Press, 1987: 82-83.
Kitimat Gospel Fellowship Minister
|Aaron E. Schmidt
Kitimat Gospel Fellowship Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. "Kitimat Gospel Fellowship (Kitimat, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2009. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K526.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. (November 2009). Kitimat Gospel Fellowship (Kitimat, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K526.html.