Lampeter Music Hall (Lampeter, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Lampeter Music Hall, located in Lampeter, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, has this foundation marker: "Lampeter Music, Lecture and Bible School lovingly dedicated to the memory of the early settlers of Lancaster County 1898." To Henry B. Herr belongs most of the credit for this structure. It became a preaching point for the Brick Mennonite Church (MC), two miles away. In November 1905 A. D. Wenger conducted here one of the first revivals held in the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, following approval of such work in the fall Conference. Amos Geigley and others held continued meetings here and, and it was a preaching point, somewhat under Henry B. Herr's supervision. By about 1915 this mission moved back to the Brick church. Later the local school board bought the building.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Lampeter Music Hall (Lampeter, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L312.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1958). Lampeter Music Hall (Lampeter, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L312.html.