Lena Mennonite Church (Lena, Manitoba, Canada)
Lena, MB. Lay leader Abe J. Neufeld served in the late 1960s as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 77 members. The congregation dissolved in 1968. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Manitoba, the Conference of Mennonites in Canada (1927) and the General Conference Mennonite Church (1930). The language of worship was German.
The congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized in 1927. The first building was occupied in 1934. Franz F. Enns is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.
Canadian Mennonite (3 August 1956): 7; (8 August 1958): 3.
Neufeld, G. G. Die Geschichte der Whitewater Mennoniten Gemeinde in Manitoba, Canada, 1925-1965. Altona, MB: D.W. Friesen, 1967: 102-23.
A History of the Whitewater Mennonite Church, 1927-1987. 1987, 99 pp.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Lena Mennonite Church (Lena, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L454.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Lena Mennonite Church (Lena, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L454.html.