Lustre Mennonite Brethren Church (Lustre, Montana, USA)
The Lustre Mennonite Brethren Church, a rural church located at 25 miles (40 km) north of Frazer, Montana, was organized by Heinrich Voth on 17 November 1917, with 47 members. The congregation met in a schoolhouse until 1923, when a building was erected. J. F. Thiessen, its first pastor, served for 26 years. He was assisted by Benjamin Redekopp until 1922, by A. A. Dick until 1943, and by J. J. Toews. These ministers also served the Volt and Larslan Mennonite Brethren congregations. Arthur Flaming served from 1944, assisted by J. J. Toews. This church is strongly missionary-minded, having sent four of its members to the foreign field. In 1954 the membership was 132, with Leo S. Wiens as pastor.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 416. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Dick, A. A. "Lustre Mennonite Brethren Church (Lustre, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L9218.html.
APA style: Dick, A. A. (1957). Lustre Mennonite Brethren Church (Lustre, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L9218.html.