Manitou Mennonite Church (Manitou, Manitoba, Canada)
Manitou, MB. Minister G.G. Neufeld served as the last congregational leader. In 1965 there were 14 members. The congregation dissolved in 1967. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The language of worship was German.
The congregation began services in 1925, and formally organized in 1927. The first building was occupied in 1948. Franz F. Enns is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.
Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Whitewater."
Neufeld, G. G. Die Geschichte der Whitewater Mennoniten Gemeinde in Manitoba, Canada, 1925-1965. Altona, MB: D.W. Friesen, 1967, 242 pp.
History of the Whitewater Mennonite Church, 1927-1987. 1987, 99 pp.
Church records at Mennonite Heritage Centre.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Manitou Mennonite Church (Manitou, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M3682.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Manitou Mennonite Church (Manitou, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M3682.html.