Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Tavistock, Ontario, Canada)
R.R. 1, Tavistock, ON, N0B 2R0. (519) 655-2585. Located four miles southeast of Tavistock. Minister Oliver Yantzi served in 2001 as a non-salaried congregational leader. In 1975 there were 82 members; in 1985, 93; in 1995, 25; in 2000, 19. The congregation has been an unaffiliated Mennonite congregation. The language of worship is English.
The congregation began services in 1966, and formally organized in 1973. The first building was occupied in 1966. The congregation originated through division from East Zorra Mennonite Church over matters of doctrine and personality conflict.
Maple Grove was part of East Zorra membership prior to 1973.
Lichti, Fred. A History of the East Zorra (Amish) Mennonite Church 1837-1977. Tavistock, ON: East Zorra Mennonite Church, 1977, 132 pp.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Tavistock, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M3688.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Tavistock, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M3688.html.