Maple View Mennonite Church (Burton, Ohio, USA)
The Maple View Mennonite Church (formerly Maple Hill Conservative Mennonite Church), was organized near Middlefield, Ohio, in 1937, under the direction of the Maple Grove Conservative Amish Mennonite Church. The congregation, located at 14890 Burton Windsor Road, Burton Ohio, had a membership in 1956 of 107.
For at time it worshiped in a basement church. The bishop of the Maple Grove congregation, Roman Miller, served here. The preachers in 1956 were Noah D. Miller, Eli E. Hostetler, and Mahlon Miller. The congregation is a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference.
In 2011 the leading minister was Ernie Francis and the congregational membership was 115.
Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 51.
Address: 14890 Burton Windsor Rd, Burton OH 44021-9562
Website: Maple View Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 475. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Coblentz, Simon and Richard D. Thiessen. "Maple View Mennonite Church (Burton, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M36885.html.
APA style: Coblentz, Simon and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Maple View Mennonite Church (Burton, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M36885.html.