Marion County Mennonite Church (Morral, Ohio, USA)
The Marion County (Ohio) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, was founded by five Cullom, Illinois, families who moved to the neighborhood of Morral in 1918-1019. One member was Eli J. Christophel, a deacon. High land values and internal dissension prevented a normal congregational development The group organized a Sunday school in 1920 and visiting ministers conducted services until 1923, when Levi L. Hartzler of West Liberty was appointed minister. He served until his death the next year. In 1923 one of the original settlers returned to Illinois. Between that date and 1927 the entire group moved away, some to Texas and some to West Liberty, Ohio.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 485. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Umble, John S. "Marion County Mennonite Church (Morral, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M373138.html.
APA style: Umble, John S. (1957). Marion County Mennonite Church (Morral, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M373138.html.