Martin Box Chapel (Marshall, Arkansas, USA)
Martin Box Chapel, a Mennonite Brethren mission in the Ozarks, located near Marshall, AR, had its beginning with the extension work of the Southern District Conference together with daily vacation Bible school work of Tabor College. In the summer of 1946 a corps of workers, under the direction of Mr. and Mrs. David Richert, were sent into this field, and the work was well received in the various communities. In the spring of 1947, Mr. and Mrs. Richert were requested to take over the work on a fulltime basis. In 1957, the pastor was Ed Hinz.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 515. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Epp, A. W. "Martin Box Chapel (Marshall, Arkansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M378405.html.
APA style: Epp, A. W. (1957). Martin Box Chapel (Marshall, Arkansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M378405.html.