Meade Bible Academy (Meade, Kansas, USA)
Meade Bible Academy, located 12 miles (20 km) southeast of Meade, Kansas, was operated by the two Mennonite churches in the community (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren and Emmanuel), was established in 1945 as a 2-year high school and in 1948 became a full 4-year accredited school. It was originally the outgrowth of the Meade Bible School started in 1936 in the EMB church basement, which in turn was preceded by a German Bible School conducted 1927-1930 by missionary G. T. Thiessen. The academy in 1955 had an enrollment of 71, a staff of six, a modern fireproof administration building erected in 1955, two frame classroom buildings, and a large teacherage. The Academy closed in 1966.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 546. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Ewert, John L. "Meade Bible Academy (Meade, Kansas, USA) ." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M401.html.
APA style: Ewert, John L. (1957). Meade Bible Academy (Meade, Kansas, USA) . Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M401.html.