Meadville Mennonite Church (Gap, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Meadville Mennonite Mission was located on the southern plateau of the Welsh Mountain, three miles (5 km) north of White Horse, Lancaster County, PA. John L. Musser, then superintendent of the Welsh Mountain Samaritan Home, conducted a summer Bible school in the schoolhouse with success. Thereafter, on 28 July 1954, the ministers of the Hershey district opened Sunday school and services in the same building. The schoolhouse was used until the spring of 1951, when a frame structure 32 x 46 ft. was erected a short distance east of the schoolhouse. In 1955 Galen Hostetter served as pastor, with a membership of 41.
The congregation's location is 5726 Meadville Rd., Gap PA. In 2006 there were 48 members with John D. Meck and Micah G. Zimmerman as pastors.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 547. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Meadville Mennonite Church (Gap, Pennsylvania, USA) ." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M417.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1957). Meadville Mennonite Church (Gap, Pennsylvania, USA) . Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M417.html.