Medford Mennonite Church (GCM)
Medford Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located two miles north and two east of Medford, Grant County, Oklahoma, a member of the Western District Conference, was: organized in February 1897 with 13 charter members and H. J. Gaede as first minister. The first building was erected in 1909, the later one dedicated in 1954. The membership in 1954 was 98. Other ministers who served were John Lichti, Albert G. Schmidt, Ernest Bergen, and Henry D. Penner, the pastor in 1957.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 550. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Penner, Henry D. "Medford Mennonite Church (GCM)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M436.html.
APA style: Penner, Henry D. (1957). Medford Mennonite Church (GCM). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M436.html.