Mennonite Girls' Center (Goshen, Indiana, USA)
Mennonite Girls' Center (Mennonite Church), located at 412 E. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, IN, was founded for the purpose of providing a Christian home for Mennonite girls who are working in Goshen. This 16-room building was purchased in May 1947 and dedicated on 1 December 1947 with 16 roomers. The Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Mission Board and the Women's Missionary Auxiliary sponsored the work of the Center and appointed a committee of four members for a term of two years, which effected its own organization and appointed a fifth member who served as executive vice-chairman and manager. This committee also secured the matron in charge of the Center. The Center by 1957 had served more than 165 girls from 12 different states and various denominations, providing Christian fellowship, conveniences, various activities, and social contacts.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 623. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Brubacher, Ada. "Mennonite Girls' Center (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M466822.html.
APA style: Brubacher, Ada. (1957). Mennonite Girls' Center (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M466822.html.