Mennonite Indemnity, Inc
Mennonite Indemnity, Inc., a reinsurance corporation serving all Mennonite Aid societies desiring to participate, incorporated in Pennsylvania in 1957. Sixteen societies were the initial participants. A board of twelve directors was elected by the stockholders. The first officers were S. S. Wenger (Lancaster) president, Elvin Souder (Souderton) vice-president, Wayne W. Martin (Goodville, Pennsylvania, USA) secretary-treasurer; the capital was $150,000. The Mennonite Central Committee nominated the board of directors and exercised a paternal influence in 1957.
In 2000 Mennonite Indemnity became part of the MutualAid eXchange (MAX), a reciprocal insurance company exclusively for Anabaptists throughout the United States and Canada.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 630. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Mennonite Indemnity, Inc." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M466870.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1957). Mennonite Indemnity, Inc. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M466870.html.