Mennonite Quarterly Review
The Mennonite Quarterly Review is a quarterly journal published by the Mennonite Historical Society, Goshen College, Goshen, Ind. and the Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary, Elkhart, Indiana. Its first issue was dated January 1927. It was preceded by the Goshen College Record Review Supplement (3 numbers in 1926). It has been devoted to scholarly articles on Anabaptist and Mennonite history and theology, but also to contemporary Mennonite issues, with sections on bibliographical and research notes and book reviews. It was the first North American journal of its kind, and its issues remain a rich treasury of historical materials. The founding editor was Harold S. Bender. He served in this capacity until his death in 1962. Subsequent editors have included Guy F. Hershberger, John S. Oyer and John D. Roth. The circulation in 1956 was about 600. In January 2004 paid subscriptions were 870, with total circulation exceeding 1000 copies.
Mennonite Quarterly Review website, including an index of the publication.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 635. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Mennonite Quarterly Review." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4671.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1956). Mennonite Quarterly Review. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4671.html.